Sunday 28 October 2012

The Progress Marathon #6

The progress marathon continues! And soo close to the end as well as I only have (If I get the all clear) the colouring to do!
So as alwyas we will jump into it.





SOOoooOOoOOooOOoo Here is my current model, now as I said in my previous progression post I mentioned how i only have alphas and colour left to do, so here are my alphas! I will show what each of them are but WAIT! Theres not much explaining that can be done, but from what can be said, i used a standard skin texture for the whole body (except exposed bone) but i added another rougher skin texture onto the shoulders and surrounding all the exposed bone except on the face. This isnt easy to see but im hoping when I colour the model it will look more visible. Ive also added a concrete alpha for the exposed bone which is on the face, knees & elbows. For the hair I used the beard alpha and followed the way the hair moved. With the bands in the hair I used a certain skin texture, the texture is hard to explain but will be shown underneath. Other than that there isnt much more to say on the progression of the alphas.
So let me move on and put in all the alphas I used.
NOTE: In a previous post i mentioned how I was going to look for new alphas, I didnt as I was ahppy enough with the alphas I already had.






I will go from top to bottom and say what they are used for:
Skin - Used for the base for all the skin.
Burnt Skin - Used for the bands arround the hair.
Rough skin - Used for where i needed the texture of the skin to be more rough, the intensity was also increaed.
Beard - Used for hair.
Concrete - Used for exposed bone.

So their are the alphas and their uses :) detail is still visible within the model (veins and small muscle groups) which is why they were created larger so this worked to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment