Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Progress Marathon #7

Anatomy Redo!
Fail..
Thats me..
I Fail!
I believed I was at the final stage on my zBrush model, but I couldnt be more wrong. At college I asked Drew and Simon to look at my work to..
1. Tell me how to colour.
2. Give their opinions on if I was read to.

The first point went fine, i now know how to colour in zBrush; although they didnt believe I was nearly ready to colour. So they attacked me WITH KNIFES AND EVERTYHING?! Na they didnt :) they explained all the currently problems with the model, the main problems were the anatomy, certain muscles wasnt right and other things like the width of the chest and torso, Simon stayed and gave me a demo on fixing alot of the issues they spoke about, the demo shown me Simon repositioning the head, correcting the muscles nack and shoulders, changing the head and well basically fixing it all. unforutnatley when he came to save it it crashed.. and it deleted the model.. This happened towards the end of the lesson, there was also the problem of the symetary BUT that will be a seperate post.
Within this post I am going to show all the progress and what has changed in the anatomy and other things as when i got home from college I tried to recreate the anatomy using more refrence and also going off what i remember Simon saying and watching him do. So let me get on with it :D.

Here was my model.

 Before #1
 After #1
 Before #2
 After #2
 Before #3
After #3
 
So what I have shown here is the old model and now my most recent model, the old model i am showing is marked with 'before' and the new one is marked with 'after'. On the 'before' one this is it before it had alphas as I save all files with a new name. So currently I am working on the arms. What has changed in this photo is the head possition, there is a small amount of work on the chest and back but this is just increasing the size to make them more accurate. The base of the new work has been done on the arms. I had Simon explain a lot of the muscles which I didnt know and was very helpful as my refrence wasnt that large of a help as well. He explained how the deltoid (shoulder mucle) comes down other than just being a ball, how the tricept is 2 seperate msucles and a lot of more muscle names I cannot remember but was able to remember him sculpting them. With the head moving I have moved the collar bone lower, The shoulders look a lot better as the final 2 images show, it looks more natural and realistic. Simon also explained how the arm needs to rotate. i have moved the elbow but havent twisted the hand/ wrist yet. This will be done, There is alot more to be done but I am happy with the leap it has taken. The arms have increased in size making the poportions better and giving it a more 'bulky' look. It makes it look more realistic as the stance of the creature would need it to have strong arms.
The refrence will be shown in the next post.
Also the symetry problems will also be shown.
OH and yes.. the ponytail will be moved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment