Wednesday 24 October 2012

Physcial Marathon #3

The physical sculpting continues!
And hits another Milestone!







Okay so now the detail has begun, the form for the head has been completed, and i swear based on the first image it looks weird but looks better in real life! well anyway I have been working long and hard on this, firstly sculpting it while it is hard was alot easier then expected and my prefered way to work. The whole model has been sanded down, which took SOOOO long but is not smooth and well yeah smooth lol. Firstly I will speak about the teeth. here are the finished teeth, how it started was i had to make more room within the mouth to put the teeth in so I had to carve the clay out, started on the left side and I ended up going through the play into the foil, this isnt a problem as there was gonna be teeth put over it, i made all within the mouth the same distance in, unfortunelty i forgot to take a photo of the model with the foil exposed. When it came to putting the teeth in as it was so far back inside the mouth I made a plain and make the inside all even distance, I then made small balls and started with the front top teeth and worked out, I made them more spread and gave it the shape of teeth, I then done the same with the bottom teeth. After i became hard i made the gaps within the teeth more visible with the scalpel. Next i will speak about the bands on the hair. Well these wasnt a easy as the teeth but still no major problems. What i has to do was use the scalpel to cut into the clay and made creases to make it more realistic and detailed. although the bands are made out of vines I wnted it to look more like a material creases. This took a while and I went around the head creating deep cuts then curving them out, at one point I approched Drew and asked him to give me advice to make the band look more realistic, he said about how it could remove the hair and head and remake it by wrapping a long piece of clay around itself, as I worked on the band for so long and didnt beleive it was 'that bad' to need be completely scrapped I kept it the same although i connected some of the cuts to make it look like it has been wrapped around. Other detail has been added like the not and horn on top has been crafted abit more. But this is where the model currently is.

No comments:

Post a Comment