Thursday 11 October 2012

The Progress Marathon #3

As you may have guessed from the title I have continued zBrush work and here is the progress made now.
Reminder: Originally I had the bust area and one arm made.




As you can see from these photos i done the torso! i was slightly worried about doing this as it needs to be accurate porportional, i used image refrence from a zBrush forum where someone had a large toned man. I adapted all of the muscles to fit the creature and even created some muscles (only small) so support the main muscle as the singluar muscle wouldnt have been enough to support it. I am happy with how the torso has come out but as I may have said before I am going to go back and add more detail including muscle definition, exposed bone and tecture detail both alpha and colour.
Within the screenshots you can see a stub for the tail, this is the base so dont believe this to be the final tail.





I wasnt going to but based on me having enough working time i started on the leg, how the progress of this went was I first made the thigh and then made the lower leg in a seperate SubTool. This was of the angle it was curved at and i beleived when i merged them together which i did could smooth out the line which was planned for the whole body.  I was wrong it appeared that no matter what i tried it wasnt getting rid of the line which is a question I need to raise at college. i also tried to do the muscle which goes from higher to lower leg. this is visible in the last image and once again I coulldnt blend it as much as i needed but hopefully will be improved when more detail is added.




Finally here is the current stage I am at, here you can see the foot has also been done, following the design I made where it has a cross shaped foot, this was suprisingly hard to get the form right, I have been working alot at home and have made good and fast progress (within my eyes) and alot more detail will be added. I desided to add a double heel; where there are 2 visible bones at the back of the feet. This was astetics but could have the design reasoning as giving it more sturcture and support as the legs take more weight. Also the muscle is more muscly then designed, this was intentional although twice i had to decrease the size as they were huge. as the legs hold most the power its currect for them to be the strongest in the visual appearence.

While doing the form I compared it to the muscle anatomy piece i have, I found that I intentionally made choises as the anatomy drawing wasnt current to an actual stance of a create like this.

Refrence will be shown in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment